Sunday, January 24, 2010

the present moment

God of this moment.
Divine spirit of this moment, and now new spirit of this next moment
Honored personages of fleeting time that enter and exit the world in such rapid succession.

I seek to honor you completely while you stand here.
Help me to see that there is no more important face than the one before me.
Let me trust that there is never a more important task than the one I’m engaged in.
Here is where I am called to be.
Now is the time.
Allow me the blessing of fully experiencing this holy moment of time before it vanishes.

Today is the day to care about the world as it is now.
Tomorrow it will be too late to address the suffering of today.
And today is too early to begin suffering pains that haven’t yet arrived.
Let neither remembrance of past joy nor anticipation of future joy eclipse the joy of now.

Now we live in reality.
Now we are surrounded by reality.
The future is a fantasy world, and the past is closed room.

My prayer is that each day I live that day
With gratitude and respect.

No comments: