Saturday, June 9, 2007

Summer/Winter solstice

It will soon be summer/winter solstice. For me, the solstices and equinoxes are holy day because they can make us think and feel about where we are on our year-paths and life-paths, about how we deal with the different forms and intensities of life energy, and about things that happen all over the world

I live in the northern hemisphere, so summer solstice will occur where I live, but I am naturally aware that in the southern hemisphere, people will experience and perhaps celebrate the coming of winter. Light will be changing everywhere (except at the equator).

I'm deciding now how to decorate my home altar for the summer solstice: I will put oranges on it to celebrate the sun, leaves, candles, and an obsidian sphere to make me think about winter's long nights....

What about you?

No comments: