Saturday, May 12, 2007

The meditation and prayer group and this blog are wonderful opportunities for spiritual development; as a member of both, I encourage other congregants at UUs of SCV to join if they are interested.

I hope that other members of the group will work with me toward organizing an event for the first Sunday in May, 2008, which will be the National Day of Prayer for that year. I hope that we will be able to develop the event in cooperation with other religious bodies in Santa Clarita Valley.

Here is a poem of which I am very fond. I am happy to have a way to share it with others:

A vein of sapphires
hides in the earth,
a sweetness in fruit;

and in plain-looking rock
lies a golden ore,
and in seeds ,
the treasure of oil.

Like those,
the Infinite
rests concealed from the heart.

No one can see the ways
of our jasmine-white Lord (Shiva).

Mahadeviyakka,
a poet of the 12th century

No comments: