Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My experience

I was got the last seat on the Meditation boat at the Self-Realization center when we visited last month. Everyone there seemed well settled into their own private journey.
As quietly as I could I stowed my purse under the chair and centered myself with my hands on my knees. I closed my eyes to the water view and the small shrine at the front of the "houseboat". My breath deepened I forgot the drive to Santa Monica, the other members of our group, my cell phone, the world. I feel deeply into a semi-consciousness that was unique for me in my meditation efforts.

Time passed I really don't know how much slipped by. The water caused a very slight movement to the space. The quiet was perfect in its wholeness.

When I opened my eyes the man next to me had left. I never sensed it nor even felt a ripple in the air. It was as if he just disappeared. It took some effort to get up and leave because the air seemed to hold me. I felt refreshed, uplifted, peaceful.
I think my experience echos Jean's idea of an after "life". I had been carried away from the now perhaps lifted by the energy of the more experienced spiritual beings around me. I thought after I was either alone there or at one with every other person in the room. Perhaps I was given a glimpse of eternity.

No comments: